Oh, we have been there. The feeling of pure bliss as you discover the leaky pipe underneath the kitchen sink. With each twist of the wrench, you regain mastery over your abode, without having to hire outside help. One Avenue wants to prolong that feeling of accomplishment through a little plumbing education.
Here are some facts and tips about the pipes that are the lifeblood of your Arizona home.
- A low flush toilet can save you up to 18K gallons of precious desert water a year.
- The world’s most famous plumbers are none other than Nintendo’s Mario and Luigi.
- Only about 2% of the planet’s water is fresh (without a high salt content), but only .4% is actually usable (not frozen in the ice caps).
- Albert Einstein actually wanted to be a plumber and was an honorary member of the Plumbers and Steamfitters Union.
- Some Japanese urinals have voice activated flushing mechanisms.
- The average person spends three whole years of their life sitting on the porcelain throne.
- Copper piping, which is the best material to use for piping, is the same material that the Egyptians used for their plumbing, over 3000 years ago!
- A pin-sized leak can waste upwards of 360,000 gallons of water a year.
- Your water heater should be set to be no hotter than 120 degrees, for economical and safety reasons. (At 140 degrees, skin burns in 5 seconds. At 160 degrees, skin burns in half a second.)
- Several royals have passed away while on the toilet. Among them, King George II, Catherine the Great, and, of course, Elvis Presley.
So there you have it. While these are not necessarily the greatest conversation starters, you know now a little bit more about the pipes surrounding you! Our home inspection professionals are very experienced with plumbing. If your home is more than seven years old or if you think your pipes could use an inspection, give us a call! 623.299.2142